Thursday, September 9, 2010

On the horizon....

Professional photography is an art. As a photographic artist less than half my time is actually spent behind the camera, most of my time is spent in front of the computer editing your images. While it is vital that an image be composed and exposed perfectly, the way each image is edited turns a photograph into a work of art. When I take each photo what I see is the end result, after the editing and the cropping. In order to get to that finished product, time at the computer is needed as well as a professional photo lab. As a photographer I want each photo you hang on your wall and give to your loved ones to be a work of art. Your children are only young once, they only graduate once, your families are not all together very often… it is important to preserve each moment.
My only form of advertisement is word of mouth. My business depends upon your happiness; therefore I will do all that I can to make sure that happens. I know what the next step needs to be in my business. I have been a freelance photographer for MANY years and I really need to take this next step to becoming a professional photographer. As of November 1st there will be no more images on CD. Instead you will get a password to an online gallery of all of your images. You then contact me with your order and I will edit and send your photos to a professional lab for printing. I will go more into detail about this in the next month.
I know that you love the art that I create because you keep coming back and you tell your friends but I hope you understand why I have to make this next move. At first it may seem like such a big change but as we go through these next few months and this next year I hope that you will realize the importance of it with me. I love your families and I love seeing them change and grow. That being said, I want to be able to come into any of your homes and be proud to see my image hanging on your wall. I love to see a fully edited, professionally printed, piece of art and I have no doubt in my mind that this is what you want also. I can’t wait to grow my business with you. Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

No comments: